The spirituality of Hindu temples and tropical nature
Journey combining the discovery of the Hindu holy cities of Tamil Nadu (Mahabalipuram,Kancheepuram, Tanjore and Madurai), masterpieces of medieval Hindu architecture, with the tropical nature of Kerala with the tea plantations of Munnar and the Backwaters of Aleppey.
There will be no shortage of excursions to smaller towns where you can experience an India unknown to mass tourism and immerse yourself in the authenticity of a country still bound by ancient rhythms and traditions.
To enter India, it is essential to have a passport valid for at least 6 months from the date of travel and to obtain a Tourist Visa online.
The ideal time to travel to South India is from October to April. Tamil Nadu and Kerala are hot climate countries dominated mainly by two seasons: a dry and a wet one. From June to August the monsoon brings heavy rainfall, and the weather is generally hot-humid (28°-32°). In contrast, from September to March there is no major rainfall, and temperatures are pleasant (22°-26°).
The official currency is the Indian Rupee (INR).
4 1/2 hours ahead of Italy; 3 1/2 hours when daylight saving time is in effect in Italy.
No mandatory vaccination.
The official language is Hindi; the local languages of Tamil Nadu and Kerala are also spoken, but English is still widely spoken.
Mostly made up of Hindus (about 85 percent). Also present, in a smaller percentage, are Jains, Sikhs and Buddhists.
It is advisable to opt for sportswear and very comfortable footwear, exclude garments made of synthetic fibers that prevent body perspiration, especially in hot climate environments. This technique makes it possible to adapt the degree of body coverage to climatic variations and achieve effective protection against temperature changes. In the winter time in northern India, it is advisable to have a light windbreaker and a sweatshirt for the evening.
The voltage of the electric current is 220v. Plugs with the earth plug (center plug) do not work. Universal adapters are recommended.
To call from Italy to Rajasthan, one must dial the international dialing code 0091. To contact Italy, it is necessary to dial 0039 followed by the city code without the zero and the subscriber number.
The fee includes:
– Assistance on arrival/departure at the airport by our office representative
– 10 nights’ accommodation in shared double room on bed and breakfast basis at all locations
– 1 lunch during the houseboat excursion
– Private transportation with English-speaking driver as scheduled
– Interstate taxes, tolls and parking for the entire tour
– Private Italian/English-speaking local guides
– Visits and excursions, including entrance fees to monuments and museums, as indicated in the program
– Houseboat excursion on the backwaters of Kerala
– Tour of the Munnar Tea Museum
– Evening ceremony at the Temple of the Goddess Meenakshi in Madurai
– Government Services Tax (GST)
– Assistance from qualified local staff in all Indian cities and airports
The fee does not include:
– International air flight to and from India
– International airport taxes
– Travel insurance
– Tourist visa for India
– Expenses of a personal nature: telephone, laundry, meals, drinks, tips, etc. – Early check-in and late check-out in hotels, except where specified
– Optional excursions and visits, not included in the program